hello? is anyone out there? i'm here, i swear!
after a many-month hiatus, i'm really excited to get back into blogging. there have been a couple reasons why mkp sat in silence, primarily that my laptop stopped functioning. but also -- i've been intensely busy and enjoying every minute of it.
mike and i are very much loving married life have truly tried to soak up life without it passing us by.
i've got some great plans for this little blog, so hang tight! in the meantime, i thought i would ease my way back into this space with a little reflection.
and, if you're new around here, this is friday philosophy: sometimes i come across a quote that bears some kind of significance and i want to share it with you dear readers. sometimes it's based on where i am in life or a certain event, sometimes a quote just reminds me of a friend, or sometimes it makes me think.
one of my automatic responses to "how are you?" this summer has been: "so busy!" behind it is absolutely zero stress about being that busy, contrary to the usual emotion you feel when your schedule is pretty crammed.
somehow i've managed to work about 55 hours every week and workout 3+ times per week...and yet, miraculously, i've still had time to do so much more fun stuff!
- in february, we traveled to southern nh for a wedding
- mike went to atlantic city for a friend's bachelor party
- in april we traveled to northern nh for another wedding
- we cruised to cozumel in march with mike's family on carnival
- i joined the kdr fitness staff in april -- working at the front desk
- i've had so many fun days with many of my girlfriends -- mani/pedi, lunch out, craft nights, dinner out, pool days, cork'n'canvas nights, and of course, just chatting!
- i participated in my first powerlifting meet in may and am training for my next in october
- we've celebrated many birthdays with friends and family
- mike and i have done fun outdoor stuff like snowshoeing and paddleboarding
- mike and i started house-hunting and even made an offer on a property (no, we didn't get it)
- we've gone boating almost every weekend at my parents house, either with them, by ourselves, or with friends
- mike and i saw comedian daniel tosh
- i did the color vibe 5k with 3 of my best girls
- mike and i celebrated our first wedding anniversary with a trip to lake george, ny
- i rode on a rollercoaster for the first time in 14 years...i was terrified at first, but i LOVED every second of it
- we went to an incredibly fun 4th of july party with some of the most impressive fireworks we've ever seen
- i joined the editorial board for a local publication
- we went with friends to a brad paisley concert and have plans to see little big town next month
- we've had fun bbqs and nights by the fire with friends
- mike and i ordered a la-z-boy sofa
- we've had meals out and grilled at home
- i've become ADDICTED to criminal minds and currently have 120 episodes on my dvr. #oops
- mike and i went to trivia night with friends at Salt hill and even won a couple rounds!
- and we've just cruised around to enjoy the beautiful scenery we have in this neck of the woods
so, i think you could assess that list and say, "yeah, she's pretty busy!" and i have absolutely no regrets about it! 2015 has been a very good year so far. of course, everything hasn't been sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns, but i don't focus on those times. (like not getting that house. that's a whole post in itself.)
i chose the word "fearless" for 2015 and i think it has absolutely represented this year well. and i'm looking forward to more in the coming months. i've said "yes" to a lot of things and it's helped to open my eyes to experiencing life without waiting. (i mean, what are you waiting for anyway???)
so if you look at that above list and say "man, i wish i could've done some of that stuff!", than do it. i promise that if you say "yes" more and fearlessly look to the future, amazing adventures will happen. as mike and i look to the future of our relationship and the
don't hold back because you're "busy" or "have busy kids". go make memories. they last a lifetime.
i hope you're ready for this ride...it's gonna be a good one. =)