you know that undeniable smell of someone grilling as you drive through the neighborhood? aahhhhh... summer. it smells so good.
well, i know it's not summer quite yet, but it's starting to feel like it. it's warming up and everyone's ready for a good time.
well, mike and i kicked off grilling season this past weekend with some fantastic grilled shrimp. not only was it absolutely the most delicious shrimp we've ever made, it was quite simple, which makes it even better! check it out -- grilled shrimp scampi!
grilled shrimp scampi
prep time: 35 minutes
cook time: 6 minutes
· shrimp, peeled with tails on (approx. 4 jumbo shrimp per person, i made 4 servings, 16 shrimp total)
· 1 stick butter
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
· salt & pepper
1. soak wooden skewers. peel shrimp. melt butter. chop parsley. mince garlic.
2. mix garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper with the melted butter. set aside. (i opted against adding lemon juice because i didn't have any on hand.)
3. skewer shrimp for easier handling on the grill. i used two skewers to keep the shrimp more flat, and to have something to grab with the tongs in the grill. laying the shrimp in your hand (i put 5 shrimp on each pair of skewers), carefully push the skewers through the middle of the shrimp keeping the skewers parallel to each other.
4. place shrimp skewers in a shallow dish and cover with the butter mixture. set aside for 15-30 minutes. preheat grill.
5. grill shrimp skewers on each side for 2-3 minutes or until they are pink and opaque.
i love this recipe! it's simple and super yummy! the little char from the grill added the perfect flavor to the buttery and garlicky shrimp. mmmmmm. sooo soooooo good! you've gotta try it! i know when i first dealt with shrimp i needed to peel and i was totally intimidated, but it's super easy and once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder what took you so long. here's a little demo for you (that i shared when i posted another shrimp recipe):
in case you hadn't noticed, i highly recommend this grilled shrimp scampi recipe! it makes a great appetizer or main dish....it's that good. trust me.
in grilling and summertime...